The NFL season has begun, and that means Billy the Cuban Pollock is back as well! Billy is one of the best football handicappers out there, and for the past few years he’s helped listeners win quite a few office pools and beat their bookies. But again this year, you’ll be competing against Billy!
Billy’s picks will go up no later than Thursday night (we hope), just like the last few years. They will be posted on both the Facebook group page and here. Your picks have to be sent to me via e-mail (email@example.com) or messaged to me on Facebook. If you beat Billy? A $20 Amazon Gift Certificate is YOURS! The gift certificate is courtesy the good folks at Amazing Heroes, fine purveyor of comic books, sports cards, and sports memorabilia (and Magic the Gathering too!). That’s it! In the case of a tie, the total points of Monday nights’ game will decide the winner. But in order to win you’ve got to beat Billy. So let’s spell it out, nice and simple:
- Picks must be submitted no later than Midnight Saturday, EST. That’s when the clock strikes 12 and Saturday turns into Sunday. Picks received any later will be void.
- Picks must include all games on Sunday and Monday. Picks missing games will be void.
- Mondays’ pick must include the guessed total points. That means the sum of the total points scored by both teams. Monday’s pick without total points will be void.
- Your picks must beat Billy’s picks. That means you must have as many or more wins than Billy. In the event of a tie with Billy, closest to the actual total points of Monday nights’ game will be declared the winner. If Billy is closer than you? Sorry! But you can lose Monday’s game and still beat Billy via points!
- In the event of a dead tie, the house (Billy) wins. Sorry!
- A tie between two winners will be decided in true NFL fashion: via coin-toss.
- If no one wins? Them’s the breaks; the prize is not rolled over to the following week.
- There is only one winner per week. The person with the best record who beats Billy is the winner.
- All decisions of The Rigor Mortis Radio Show and affiliates are final.
Got it? Good! So watch for Billy’s picks here and on the Rigor Mortis Radio Show group page on Facebook every week. They’ll be up no later than Thursday night. They will also be announced on the show. It all starts this coming week, so get your helmets and pads on and prepare to go up against the best. But remember: in order to be the man, you gotta beat the man: Billy The Cuban Pollock!